Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Cleaning and Soul Cleansing

I must have caught the Spring Clean Bug! My house has gone through a major transformation this past week! It all started with moving one table.. And it was like the book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie." In order to move the table, I had to move the shelf, in order to move that shelf I had to rearrange the closet, and before I knew it I was buying a new couch! 



All last week was spent rearranging my furniture or organizing my home! I had some projects I wanted to work on, but I just couldn't focus until I got it all done. Sterling and I have often joked about writing about book. "If You Give Rachael A Project." Because like the original book, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" one things eventually leads to another until something either genius or disastrous happens. 

I'm hoping this week's couch purchase ends up being a good one. 
I'll post photos on Instagram tonight! 

It was 1 in the morning when I rubbed my tired eyes and told Sterling he was totally right to tease me about that book. But I can't help it. My mind just works like that!

I've been living in this apartment for 6 months now! I can't believe it's been that long. Time has flown by. This apartment is small, so I didn't thing rearranging the furniture would even be possible, but it looks great. It's so open, fresh and beautiful. I've also been following some rules for Feng Shui lately and I'm already feeling so much better. The energy of the house feels lighter and fresher. 


Plus, I strongly believe that cleaning a home is a metaphor for cleansing the soul. As I donate and release old things from my home, I release old energetic cords, emotions and memories. It makes space in both the home and the soul for something new. Rearranging furniture, and organizing items in your home helps rearrange memories, thoughts and ideas that come up.. leaving you with a new perspective and outlook.  

I'll be sharing an entire blog post dedicated to those two elements very soon! I've had a lot of messages and comments about my process of keeping my house beautiful and clean.
I'm just waiting on that couch to be delivered! 


I'm hoping as soon as the couch is here I can be done with this spring cleaning process! As much as I love it, I'm ready to start painting again and getting those decks going! 

Plus, I need to get some better photos of my house! These instagram photos just aren't doing it for me anymore.








1 comment:

  1. I'm in spring cleaning mode too, but since I'm moving next month it's really helpful to finally get rid of all the stuff I've been hanging on to for no reason so I'll have less to move. I also like releasing old memories, thoughts, and ideas and embracing how I've changed since I've been living in this room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo